Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jr. Rose Festival Parade

Last week was the Rose Festival here in Portland. We have never really taken part in the festivities during Rose Festival week.  It is usually raining and we usually have too many things going on.

This year, Tyler got a chance to walk in the Jr. Rose Festival Parade with her PE teacher and a group of PE students on unicycles, stilts, pogo sticks etc...  I didn't really want to go because it meant driving her myself downtown on a parade day, but I gave into my guilt and went with her.  

It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.  The parade route was about a mile long and she chose to walk on stilts (although she has been practicing on the unicycle and could probably have done it.)  She had to hop off a few times to catch up since stilts are a little slow going next to a unicycle. We got some good exercise and had fun hanging out with good friends on a beautiful day.





Despite the one hour ride home in post parade traffic, I might consider doing it again one year... Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Tyler! I can walk on stilts but I don't know if I could have walked that far!!

    ReplyDelete